Did you know?
- Canada is the only developed country in the world which provides universal healthcare but does not cover the cost of prescribed medications.
- Two-thirds of Canadian households have out-of-pocket expenses for prescription drugs.
- Approximately one half of all Canadians have no coverage for prescription medication. This includes one third of Canadians employed full time, and three quarters of part time workers.
- One in four Canadians without insurance coverage has difficulty paying for medications.
- One in ten Canadians with insurance have difficulty paying for medications.
Want to do something about it?
Join our campaign to make our voices heard by policy-makers. Share your story and tell us why access to medicines is important to you. Together, let’s make a difference!