How to Use Your Inhaler
A DISKUS® is a dry-powder inhaler that features a built-in counter, so that you always know how many doses you have left in it.
Use your DISKUS®:
- Open your DISKUS®: Hold it in the palm of your hand, put the thumb of your other hand on the thumb grip and push the thumb grip until it “clicks” into place
- Slide the lever until you hear a click. Your medication is now loaded
- Breathe out away from the device
- Place the mouthpiece gently in your mouth and close your lips around it
- Breathe in deeply until you have taken a full breath
- Remove the DISKUS® from your mouth
- Hold your breath for about ten seconds, then breathe out slowly
If you drop your DISKUS® or breathe into it after its dose has been loaded, you may cause the dose to be lost. If either of these things happens, reload the device before using it.
Do not use a spacer with the DISKUS®, Turbuhaler®, Twisthaler®, or any other dry powder inhaler.
The dial in the dose-counter window tells you how many doses are left – always check it after using your DISKUS.
How to clean and maintain your device
Make sure to keep the device dry, at room temperature, and closed when not in use. Do not wash the device or get it wet. If you want to clean the mouthpiece, wipe it with a clean, dry tissue.